Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Ode to Albany

For everyone who hates on Albany..it has its perks.
This weekend when I went home it was great.
Show every night, which I miss. Bombers..which is gross but sometimes you gotta do it. Stewarts delicious iced coffee, driving, and singing.
Sometimes I think seriously about moving home but I know I can't and I hate when I get in those moods. I've created my own little life in the city. School, work, friends, etc...but sometimes I want to smell the air that is home. Walk in the grass in my bare feet, lay in front of the fire while my dad talks jibberish, have my mom make me food, drive around with Trisha, and see my best friends that I've known for what seems like my entire life even if it is only 5 or 6 years.
The city can become too much sometimes. Constantly moving. And ugh public transportation..as much as I love it I can't stand it. It's great to take breaks and honestly sometimes theres no where I'd rather be than in my quaint little suburb of Latham outside the Capital that is Albany.
Spring break..you can't come soon enough.

No comments: